Thursday, April 16, 2009

memories, sweet memories


Last monday I took my niece Elizabeth(17), and My mothers exchange student Wendy(18) into Minneapolis. My car was broken down so my mother let me lent me her mini-van. She had to pick me up of course since I live 15 min away from her. So on the way back to drop her off, she's asking me if I know how to handle her vehicle. Hmmm? I was the kid who used to sneak out at night at the age of 13 and push the car down the street in neutral, jump in, start it up, and drive off to parties. Not proud, but I can figure things out pretty easily. So I am asking her questions like what does A/C stand for, whats this button do? ect.... I then realize there is a mallet by her seat, and delicate gloves. Of course I ask.
She explains that the mallet will help in case you fly off the road into water, and the gloves are for putting gas in the car. After reflecting on what she had said, I am wonder brilliant! Wht didn't I think of that! I did tell she forgot to get a scissors in case she cannot get herself out of the seatbelt.
She agreed that this was a great idea! 

3 comments:

  1. Man I find the idea of a mallet VERY comforting indeed. I myself would probably gnaw thru the seatbelt in adrenaline fueled terror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on. why does that present such a great visual?

    ReplyDelete